But there are plenty of people who aren't (yet.)
And, being married, you're in an excellent position to help out people who are still single.
Without further ado, here are some things YOU can do to help make shidduchim:
- Tell everyone you meet about Shidduch in a Box! People who are dating, as well as people who who just finished with that whole chapter in their lives, are THE most motivated populations when it comes to making shidduchim. They know the pain of being single, and want to help. (Shidduch in a Box provides a simple framework for getting newly-married couples involved in making shidduchim amongst their friends.)
- Encourage single people. Give chizuk. (Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see what NOT to say. Poster courtesy of Derech Eretz 613 of Jerusalem.* Feel free to print and display in your neighborhood!)
- Make your own shidduch kit! You can use our shidduch profile or make your own. Send it to all the singles you know, and make a notebook of men, and a notebook of women. Be comitted to reviewing the profiles regularly. and suggesting any appropriate matches.
- Adopt a single person. Make a mimimum of 3 phone calls a week on their behalf, and NETWORK for them.
- We have very low operating costs, but if you want to donate money, we can use it to make Shidduch in a Box available in more locations, and to better our services. If you want to make a donation, please contact us and let us know where you are located. We''ll tell you where to send donations.
- And above all, daven! Hashem makes shidduchim, so submitting a request to the Source is the single most important thing you can do to help each single person get married to the right person.
Thank you for being a part of the solution!
*Derech Eretz 613 and the Poster below are unaffiliated with Shidduch in a Box. However, we feel it conveys an important message, and therefore have included it here. Derech Eretz 613 allows copy and display of this poster, so feel free to do so!